Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Introduction

I already wrote an article, but I figured it might be a good idea to introduce myself.  My name is Brad Potter, and I'm a 2nd year student at The Ohio State University.  I originally lived in Piqua, OH, but when I was 13 years old I moved to Huntersville, NC, where I currently live and where I graduated from Hopewell High School in 2010.  I'm double majoring in Criminology/Criminal Justice studies and Political Science, and at this current point in time I'm on pace to graduate in 3 years.

You've probably noticed that under the title of this blog, Time and Change (Which is a verse in the Ohio State alma mater), it reads "Ohio State, Pi Kappa Alpha, and The Thin Blue Line."

My favorite Ohio State football player, WR Dane
Sanzenbacher
The first one should be very obvious.  I'm a student at The Ohio State University, and, not to toot my own horn, but I'm probably one of the more passionate and knowledgeable  Buckeye football fans that you will ever meet.  I've been a fan since I was a little kid, I remember the highs, such as the 2002 BCS National Championship, 6 straight Big Ten titles, 9-1 run against Michigan, etc., and I also remember the lows: back-to-back NCG losses to Florida and LSU, the 35-3 debacle against USC, the 1999 and 2000 seasons under Jon Cooper, and the current NCAA investigation.  Ohio State football is my favorite sport, and that will never change.  I am also a big Buckeye basketball fan as well, and I root for the school in every sport that is offered.

Next, I am a brother of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity.  I was initiated on January 16th, 2011, and I currently serve as the Continuing Education Chair, and I help out in various other areas when I'm needed, such as recruitment, community service, and philanthropy.  I love the Fraternity, and the core values that I took an oath to hold myself and my brothers to is one of the things that guides me throughout my days.  It is by far the most incredible experience I've ever been apart of, and I couldn't imagine college without it.

The Thin Blue Line
The Thin Blue Line is a bit less known, however.  The Thin Blue Line is known around the world as a universal symbol for law enforcement.  It is two black lines, with a blue line in the middle separating them.  I come from a law enforcement family, as my father is the Chief of Police in Huntersville, NC, and has been a police officer for over 37 years.  My uncle was also a police officer, in Troy, OH, eventually retiring as a Deputy Chief after 30 years, and he also met my Aunt through his work, who was also a police officer before her retirement.  When I graduate college, I plan on putting my degree to work as a police officer too, as the latest Potter to wear the badge.

Well, that pretty much sums me up well.  I plan on writing this blog about pretty much whatever is on my ind, whether it's Ohio State game previews or reviews, movie reviews, or even random things that I encounter throughout the year, I'll write about anything and everything.

2 comments: